Projector recommendation (buying in USA)
Hi,
I'm buying 1080p projector in the US. I would appreciate any recommendation for projectors, specifically from the list at http://www.projectorcentral.com/project ... &sort=date.
I'm interested to connect that to Onkyo 6200 or 7200 systems using HDMI. I'm hoping the onkyo 6200 or 7200 can do decent upconversion. feedback on this matter appreciated.
--me
I'm buying 1080p projector in the US. I would appreciate any recommendation for projectors, specifically from the list at http://www.projectorcentral.com/project ... &sort=date.
I'm interested to connect that to Onkyo 6200 or 7200 systems using HDMI. I'm hoping the onkyo 6200 or 7200 can do decent upconversion. feedback on this matter appreciated.
--me
- Itay_Pollak
- חבר במועדון ה-15K

- תגובות: 19136
- הצטרף: אוקטובר 2005
- שם מלא: איתי פולק
- מיקום: הולנד
- נתן תודות: 725 פעמים
- קיבל תודות: 733 פעמים
Welcome,
funny, just yetsterday a friend showed me this site:
http://www.visualapex.com/
Panasonic 4000 for only 2000$ - great price
you can get a bundle with a fixed screen, hdmi cable, mount and more...
look it up.
i would say epson - but lately we hear of many issues - especially Iris noise problems.
funny, just yetsterday a friend showed me this site:
http://www.visualapex.com/
Panasonic 4000 for only 2000$ - great price
you can get a bundle with a fixed screen, hdmi cable, mount and more...
look it up.
i would say epson - but lately we hear of many issues - especially Iris noise problems.
The Panasonic indeed looks nice.... but I wonder about the lumens.
Only 3-4 projectors offer >2000 lumens on the list. The target room in 3x4 meters (projecting from the 4meter side).
Will 1600-1800 be enough for projecting in the day, or I have to go with the higher lumens ones?
Do I need tight dark for 4meter projection using 1600-1800 lumens projectors?
Only 3-4 projectors offer >2000 lumens on the list. The target room in 3x4 meters (projecting from the 4meter side).
Will 1600-1800 be enough for projecting in the day, or I have to go with the higher lumens ones?
Do I need tight dark for 4meter projection using 1600-1800 lumens projectors?
- Itay_Pollak
- חבר במועדון ה-15K

- תגובות: 19136
- הצטרף: אוקטובר 2005
- שם מלא: איתי פולק
- מיקום: הולנד
- נתן תודות: 725 פעמים
- קיבל תודות: 733 פעמים
ok...lets go back a few....
you are planning on viewing in day light? if so - projector isn't for you.
projector is only for total or almost total darkness.
you are planning on viewing in day light? if so - projector isn't for you.
projector is only for total or almost total darkness.
- Itay_Pollak
- חבר במועדון ה-15K

- תגובות: 19136
- הצטרף: אוקטובר 2005
- שם מלא: איתי פולק
- מיקום: הולנד
- נתן תודות: 725 פעמים
- קיבל תודות: 733 פעמים
its very simple - if the room isn't totally dark - you'll get much less details - so if you paid for such a good projector - you'll loose lots of what it gives you.
That is clear!
The system will be used in dayhours mostly kids will use the system with wii and dvd in the afternoon. Movies, 1080p and co will be during night time, so it is dark anyhow.
So back to my question.... What do you say about 1600/1800 lumens vs.>2000?
The system will be used in dayhours mostly kids will use the system with wii and dvd in the afternoon. Movies, 1080p and co will be during night time, so it is dark anyhow.
So back to my question.... What do you say about 1600/1800 lumens vs.>2000?
- Itay_Pollak
- חבר במועדון ה-15K

- תגובות: 19136
- הצטרף: אוקטובר 2005
- שם מלא: איתי פולק
- מיקום: הולנד
- נתן תודות: 725 פעמים
- קיבל תודות: 733 פעמים
if i were you - i would buy two projectors.
one for daily use - simple - WII and DVD - low res. and high lumens.
than for you - full hd one.
one for daily use - simple - WII and DVD - low res. and high lumens.
than for you - full hd one.
