הוט סיבים עם ציוד פרטי GoFiber GF25C 2.5G

פורום רשתות, IT ומחשוב כללי - רשתות, ראוטרים, מחשבים ניידים, אביזרים וכו'.
itfan
סמל אישי של משתמש
חבר פעיל מאוד
חבר פעיל מאוד
תגובות: 482
הצטרף: מרץ 2021

שליחה

07/01/2025 22:00  
JohnVargas כתב:
Have any of you had experience with GPON ODI DFP-34X-2C or similar?
...
I have such a module and I was able to configure it to masquerade as a Nokia G-010G-Q bridge ONT device that I got from Cellcom for use on IBC infrastructure (my main connection is actually through Bezeq, but I currently also have this Cellcom connection as a backup). Of course, the fact that this bridge ONT device provides access to the relevant core data through a web-management interface (albeit one that is active only without a connected fiber) was crucial for this purpose.

While I did it and it worked, I only used it like this for a few hours (and then I went back to the real Nokia G-010G-Q). The purpose was to learn some technical things about the network and also to have a way to diagnose potential ONT failure of the Nokia (if I’ll ever have reason to suspect that it’s malfunctioning, I can diagnose this by replacing it with the appropriately configured DFP-34X-2C2 module).

I have no idea if it can work long-term like this or that such a use would eventually trigger some “alarm” and lead to a disconnection. I believe that the reliability of permanently using such a module in this way should be considered questionable (if only because of the potential for such a disconnection getting triggered at some point).

JohnVargas
סמל אישי של משתמש
חבר שרק התחיל
חבר שרק התחיל
תגובות: 11
הצטרף: דצמבר 2024

שליחה

Thanks for mentioning your experience, I also bought it for educational purposes, as there are many modified firmware's out there.

JohnVargas
סמל אישי של משתמש
חבר שרק התחיל
חבר שרק התחיל
תגובות: 11
הצטרף: דצמבר 2024

שליחה

After I kept having problems with Hot, I switched to Gilat (Bezeq) and they activated my GF25C in less than 5min, I configured PPOE on my Mikrotik router and it worked without problems, the only thing I haven't configured IPv6 yet, someone did it? because I put DHCP Client and it doesn't find IP. Regards.

itfan
סמל אישי של משתמש
חבר פעיל מאוד
חבר פעיל מאוד
תגובות: 482
הצטרף: מרץ 2021

שליחה

13/03/2025 17:50  
JohnVargas כתב:
the only thing I haven't configured IPv6 yet, someone did it?
...
I normally don’t use IPv6, but I had no trouble configuring it in the past. To the best of my memory, in order for IPv6 to work nicely through PPPoE on RouterOS 7.x.x routers, all you need to do on top of the default settings is to get a
prefix with the DHCPv6 client and assign an IPv6 address from the associated pool to your LAN device.

That is, if pppoe-out1 is your WAN dialer device and ether2 is your LAN device, then the following two commands should do the trick:

קוד: בחירת הכל

/ipv6 address
add from-pool=ipv6pool1 interface=ether2
/ipv6 dhcp-client
add add-default-route=yes default-route-distance=1 interface=pppoe-out1 \
    pool-name=ipv6pool1 pool-prefix-length=56 request=prefix
If this doesn’t work, then maybe I don’t remember correctly or that they changed something since the last time I did it or that something in your system was changed from the default. In such a case, using a Google search for “mikrotik pppoe ipv6” can help.

Of course, before doing anything to enable IPv6, it is VERY IMPORTANT to make sure that an appropriate IPv6 firewall configuration is set up appropriately.

because I put DHCP Client and it doesn't find IP.
...
Your DHCPv6 client should be getting a prefix, not an address. Maybe this is your problem.

JohnVargas
סמל אישי של משתמש
חבר שרק התחיל
חבר שרק התחיל
תגובות: 11
הצטרף: דצמבר 2024

שליחה

Hi, I managed to configure it, first I activated IPv6 DHCP Client, interface pppoe, prefix, length 64, add default route; add IPv6 address ip to bridge and lastly Neighbor Discovery to bridge.
I passed all the IPv6 test, I had to configure IPv6 to make “Matter” work.
Everything was 10/10, finally I can use VPN WireGuard for each computer without its client.

Jabberwock פותח השרשור
חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק
תגובות: 1367
הצטרף: יולי 2024

שליחה

למי שיש לו בעיה עם IPv6 בתשתית של הוט, יש לבצע את ההגדרות הבאות ב-OpenWrt:
image.png
נא להרשם/להכנס לחשבון בפורום על מנת לצפות בקבצים או בתמונות המצורפים לשרשור
בינה מלאכותית היא בבחינת "אֲנִי בִינָה לִי גְבוּרָה" (משלי פרק ח', פסוק י"ד)

חזור אל “רשתות, אינטרנט ו- Fiber”